Ascension Saint Thomas: Thoracic Surgeon
Ascension Saint Thomas in Nashville, Tennessee is seeking a talented and ambitious thoracic surgeon to join our nationally recognized program at our Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital location. Programmatic leadership will be expected as a part of a multi-campus group. The ideal candidate will be board certified in thoracic surgery with minimally invasive and robotic skills.
Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital
Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital is the largest not-for-profit community hospital in Middle Tennessee, licensed for 683 acute and rehab care beds. Our main campus covers nearly 2 million square feet and spans more than six city blocks, or 38 acres.
Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital is a member of Saint Thomas Health and Ascension, the nation’s largest Catholic and non-profit health system. Through our Christian healing ministry, we are committed to serving the greater Nashville area and surrounding communities by providing the highest quality healthcare in a caring, compassionate and faith-based environment.
State of the Art Equipment
- Minimally invasive surgery including robotic and video assisted
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Image guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Volumetric arc therapy (VMAT)
- Vision RT surface guided radiation therapy (SGRT)
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)
- High-dose brachytherapy (HRD)
- Diagnosed and/or treated 713 Lung Cancer patients in 2018
- Commission on Cancer Accredited Integrated Network Cancer Program
- Society of Thoracic Surgery-General Thoracic Surgery Database 2-star program rating
- GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer, Center of Excellence
- American Lung Association Hospital Partner and Better Breathers Club Site
About Ascension Health
In Tennessee, Ascension’s Saint Thomas Health operates nine hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities that cover a 68-county area and employees more than 8,000 associates. Serving Tennessee for 15 years, Ascension is a faith-based non-profit health system which is the largest in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia.
- Board certification in thoracic surgery
- Minimally invasive experience and robotic skills are required
- Foregut interest preferred
- Experience and interest in benign and malignant esophageal disease preferred
- Experience desired
- Programmatic leadership expected
- Interest in resident education
- Outstanding communication skills