Banner-MDAnderson Lung Cancer Center: Thoracic Surgeon
The Division of Surgical Oncology at Banner-MD Anderson Cancer Center is actively recruiting for a Thoracic Surgeon to join our team in the Phoenix metropolitan area. Our team currently consists of 4 thoracic surgeons and 2 interventional pulmonologists who cover two hospitals. This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated Thoracic Surgeon with oncology experience.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Must be ABMS board certified or board eligible
- Possess thoracic oncologic experience and experience in benign esophageal and lung surgery
- Have excellent clinical training and an interest in clinical research
- Finishing Fellows and experienced physicians are encouraged to apply
Candidates should have a strong interest in building a thoracic surgery program, practicing in collaboration with our existing multidisciplinary cancer team and with the world class Thoracic Surgery Department at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston Texas. Qualified candidates are required to be board certified or board eligible.
Designed with experts from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center has an evidence-based design and state-of-the-art technologies including advanced surgical tools, the Da Vinci robotics system and advanced treatment capabilities. This is an exciting and exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated Thoracic Surgeon with oncology experience to practice in a cutting edge, multidisciplinary cancer center.
Banner Health, a Top 10 Health System for clinical performance according to Thomson Reuters, has teamed up with the MD Anderson Cancer Center, repeatedly ranked number one by U.S. News and World Report in cancer care, to open the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. This center is the broadest extension of MD Anderson's services outside of Houston and brings an unprecedented level of cancer care to the greater Phoenix area and entire southwest region.
Practicing with the BMDACC Division of Surgery, you will find:
- A collaborative team that, across three locations provides outstanding research-driven, multidisciplinary care for patients with all types of malignancies.
- A main campus that offers state-of-the-art technologies for disease-oriented, multidisciplinary cancer care and opportunities for participation in clinical research, designed with experts from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- The prestige of working with a partnership of industry leaders: #1 in cancer care-MD Anderson Cancer Center, and nationally recognized Banner Health, the largest integrated healthcare system and largest employer in Arizona.
- A generous salary and benefits.
- Banner Gateway Medical Center is located in Gilbert, AZ, a popular suburb of Phoenix. Gilbert offers a clean, beautiful setting with strong community values and abundant opportunities for entertainment and exercise!
WE OFFER YOU generous compensation including: competitive base salary plus incentives (wRVU) + paid occurrence-based malpractice + paid CME plus allowance + 401k matching and 457(b) deferred compensation plans + excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family. Additionally, our suburban locations provide you with convenient access to world-class entertainment, year ‘round outdoor activities, amazing desert beauty, and excellent quality of life.
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment. Not a J1 opportunity.
For immediate consideration, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: GTSC https://www.practicelink.com/jobs/764400/physician/thoracic-surgery/arizona/banner-md-anderson-cancer-center