Thank you for your interest in joining GTSC! Surgeons (national or international) who have obtained specialty certification in thoracic surgery by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery or the Royal College of Surgeons, or other official certifying organization approved by the Executive Committee may apply for membership in the General Thoracic Surgical Club.
If elected to membership, the yearly membership dues are $395 USD. Payment is due at the time of application and are refunded if the application is denied.
Requirements for Membership:
- Board certification in thoracic or cardiothoracic surgery in your country
- Have been in practice for a minimum of two years beyond the completion of formal training in thoracic surgery
- In the year preceding application >50% of your practice must be general thoracic surgery
Requested Application Materials:
- Create a recording and phonetic spelling of your name via Name Coach
- In an effort to promote diversity, inclusion and belonging, GTSC kindly requests that all members to utilize the free website NameCoach.com to create a recording of their name. NameCoach aims to solve the common problem of name mispronunciation and gender pronoun communication in as many critical settings as possible.
- Please click here for step-by-step instructions.
- Example Recording: https://www.name-coach.com/sidhu-gangadharan
- Upload a Sponsor Form from TWO Active or Senior members of the Club
- The sponsor form replaces the need for a letter of recommendation. Without a completed form, GTSC cannot accept the application.
- Don't know two Active or Senior Members? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will provide an alternative solution
- Upload your CV
- Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis (Jan, March, July, Oct). Acceptance notifications will be sent upon the Executive Committee's review.
- If you are submitting an application between January 15th and the Annual Meeting and wish to attend the upcoming Annual Meeting, please register at the non-member rate.
- Pending applications will be reviewed during the meeting and if approved, a refund for the difference between the non-member and member registration rate will be issued.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Are you a Candidate Member looking to transition to an Active Member? Candidate members can apply for Active Membership after completing formal training, practiced for two years, and obtained specialty certification in general thoracic surgery from within the country of their training. If you would like to transition your membership to Active Member, please complete the following tasks:
- Send the Sponsor Form to TWO Active or Senior members of the Club and ask that they complete/remit back to you.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your desire to switch to Active membership and include the two sponsor forms and your CV.