Thank you for your interest in joining GTSC! Surgeons (national or international) who have obtained specialty certification in thoracic surgery by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery or the Royal College of Surgeons, or other official certifying organization approved by the Executive Committee may apply for membership in the General Thoracic Surgical Club. Current Candidate members who qualify for Active membership, must email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating their intent to transition prior to applying.
Applicants for Active Membership must:
- have been in practice for a minimum of two years beyond the completion of formal training in thoracic surgery,
- devote at least 50% of their practice to general thoracic surgery,
- must obtain sponsorship by two Active or Senior members of the club,
- have two letters of support from individuals familiar with their practice. If the sponsors are familiar with their practice, they may also write the letters of support, and
- submit an application for membership accompanied by a list of all operations performed in the year prior to application and certified by the chief(s) of surgery at their institution(s).
If elected to membership, the initiation fee is $300 USD and the yearly membership dues are $395 USD Both of these are due at the time of application and are refunded if the application is denied.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Applications are reviewed monthly by the GTSC Officers.