UPMC Central Pa. is seeking a board-certified/board-eligible Thoracic Surgeon to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate should have skills and experience in surgery for both malignant and benign thoracic processes, including the full spectrum of pulmonary, esophageal, mediastinal and chest wall disease. In addition, they should have experience in minimally invasive thoracic surgery (VATS) and/or robotic expertise.
- Strong referral base including Pulmonary, Oncology, and Gastroenterology
- Thoracic surgery led lung cancer screening and pulmonary nodule management programs
- Access to state-of-the-art technology such as DaVinci Xi surgical robot, Ion Robotic and SuperD Navigation Bronchoscopy, Hybrid operating room with cone beam CT, and Endobronchial suite
- Opportunity to teach residents, medical students, and advanced practice providers
- Practice located in a new, modern, and aesthetically pleasing suite
- System-wide EPIC EMR
- Board-Certified/Board-Eligible in Thoracic Surgery
- Able to provide surgical case log indicating active current experience
- Team oriented with ability to work and interact with residents, fellow physicians, and administration, as well as provide high-quality, compassionate care to patients
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Potential for sign-on bonus
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- UPMC Cash Balance Plan
- Professional Dues
- CME time
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Assistance
- Relocation Allowance
To apply, visit https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/pinnaclehealth/?whereControl=jobLocation&Category=Physician#/job/30619.
For more information, contact:
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment.
- Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania's top colleges and universities.
- Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania.
- With affordable homes — a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 101.2 in Philadelphia — it's a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com “America's Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report's “Best Cities to Live” in 2017, we are a two- to three-hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
About UPMC in Central Pa.
UPMC in Central Pa. is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. As part of the UPMC not-for-profit system, UPMC in Central Pa. cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care, and leading-edge diagnostic services. UPMC in Central Pa. includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,160 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties.
UPMC was named as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” for 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare. For inclusion on this list, hospitals, health systems, and health care companies must demonstrate initiatives and commitment to promote diversity within the workforce, employee engagement, and professional growth.